Followers

Thursday 5 February 2015

Poppy delight

Good Morning
My Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Thursday already, my how the days are flying by.

On Tuesday afternoon I went to my friend Linda as she was going to
give me some tuition  in creating a canvas.  This is something I
seen many times in blog land  have always admired these
outstanding creations and wanted to learn how to start.

Well on with the aprons, and away we went and boy did I have some
fun once Linda directed me as to the techniques and what I  needed
to use. 
So to Linda I say a big thank you and you do know that now I will
be spending more money !!! Oh NO!!!!!!!!

Anyway I did it and here is my first canvas masterpiece and yes
its already hanging on the wall. 

DETAILS

Picture has been generated by my computer and I
set it print out opaque as I did not want  to bright
a picture. Lace was then added to the top and
down one side.

I then used a stencil to created the flourishes at
the  corners. On the opposite corners I stuck
metal corners then arranged metal flowers 
around. Before adhering the flowers I used
silk flowers in the centre just to soften them.
Metal leaves helped to finish off the design.

The final touch was to add the metal butterfly
and there you have it MY MASTERPIECE.

I know its not really a masterpiece compared to
some of the amazing work out there but it's
all mine and I hope with practice to get
better and learn some new technique and create
even more little gems.

Well that's all from me today, I do hope you 
have enjoyed your visit and that you will
join me again tomorrow.

Until Next Time
As Always
Take Care and Happy Crafting
Jennifer xx

19 comments:

  1. Fantastic Jennifer, great that you have Linda nearby, love all the detail here hun, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you and it was a pleasure helping you create this wonderful wall hanging. I love it!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These Poppies are gorgeous Jennifer, one of my favourite flowers. You have shown them in all their glory.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Jennifer, as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely canvas Jennifer, bet it was great fun making it. Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Jennifer, it's absolutely gorgeous!...just popped over to say thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog and following me over on pinterest :) I am now following here and on pinterest.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Jennifer, your canvas is beautiful, so glad you had fun x

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful canvas Jennifer love the flowers in the corners.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful - love the image, the colours, and those flourishes frame it superbly - great project
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jennifer you have created a wonderful canvas. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely canvas detail and design.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful. Love the dramatic black embellishments with the subtle image.... I am jealous that you and Linda got to have a crafty session together!

    <3 and hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous canvas Jennifer. The stencil is lovely and the image and metal embellishments are wonderful. I'm pleased you had so much fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card love poppies xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the lace and the flowers you added, it give a great contrast with the red of the poppies

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty Jennifer. I adore poppies x

    ReplyDelete
  17. WELL DONE JENNIFER, IT IS STUNNING XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous canvas I love the poopies, glad you and Linda had a good
    afternoon, good luck in finding somewhere to put the new crafting
    material in your craft room. Jen
    Love Mary xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic canvas, lovely poppies. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I do appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog. Jennifer xxx

A Rose So Sweet

Good Morning My Crafty Friends, followers and Visitors Welcome to today's  challenge  #  105  over at  Creative Craft Cottage...